Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Task Well Done

Emily's Valentines Party is a little early this year because they are out of school for the Winter Break during that week. So, her class party is on the 8th of February. Today, we made her Valentines box. I bought a big bag of puffy heart and word stickers for 99 cents at Jo Anns. I made her use the whole bag - no leftovers to surface in other places. I think she did a pretty good job.

I also thought that it may be a good idea to get a jump start on her Valentine cards - she had to sign her name to 36 cards....which incidentally is much better than the 65 she had to do last year. I was only going to give her about ten to do - but my awesome girl did all 36. She kind of pooped out at 28, but I bribed her with a lollipop if she just did eight more - never saw a girl write her name so fast.
The difference between last year and this year was astounding - last year, we had to throw out about 20 cards because her name was illegible. This year, she didn't even have to be told to make her name small enough to fit on the whole card - she just did it on her own. She only had one mess up card. I thought it was just fine - she was the one who decided that it wasn't good enough. She is growing up so fast.
(In case you are wondering - the reason she has about half the amount of cards compared to last year - her class split on half this year. I think it's much better that way. 65 valentine cards was kind of out of control!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily inspried Ryan and I. we finished his valentine box last night. NOt quite so girly. We cut out pictures of Vladimir and Manny and Carmello. ( his favorite Basketball and baseball players) We glued them on red hearts all over his box. Emily sat so calmly and completed hers Ryan was done after 20 minutes so therefore yesterday was day 2 of the project. Emily Happy Valentines day. We miss youXOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

The box is great! She is very crafty just like her mommy!