Monday, January 21, 2008

Allison's Weekend Recap

So, hello again. Remember me? I feel like I have been blog hijacked. But, it's fun to have another point of view around here - I guess I can get quite boring.

We had a fun weekend around here. My sister Amanda came in for a few days. She picked the coldest weekend of the season. We have been in the teens and single digits for the past few days - and that's not including the windchill - which brings it down below zero. Usually, it's no big deal, we just don't go out....but we did. We went to the new OUTDOOR mall on Saturday. For those of you who are concerned - Paige and Emily stayed home with Daddy, just us grown-up girls went. Of course, Amanda and my Mom complained about how cold it was the whole time - those wimps. It was refreshing. Then, just because apparently we could not have enough cold, we went to see "27 Dresses" later that night. Yes, it was indoors, but when we came out of the theater it was FREEZING!!!!! We ran all the way to the car - even my teeth were cold. The temperature gauge in the car said the outside temperature was 5 degrees. A little chilly.

Eric had his 37th birthday on Saturday. He got some really nice gifts, including the Nintendo DS from me - see earlier post. Now we don't have to fight over mine. The only reason he got this was because when I went out on Friday to pick up his birthday gift, I told him I was going to Target to get some shampoo - I wasn't, I was going to the mall to get him some new shoes. He asked me to pick up some Rice Krispies from Target for him - dang!! So, I thought I would just check one more time to see if they had any DS's - they have been out of them forever - and they did. So, Eric got one. All because he wanted some Rice Krispies.


We went to Buca di Beppo for dinner - and ate way too much. It was so yummy. On Sunday, we had my family over so they could see Amanda. Eric, Amanda, Clara and Hayley all played together with the DS's. They had a great time. It was funny to see their heads buried in the videos games for at least an hour.


So, on this Martin Luther King day, we are home, resting from our fun and busy weekend. Amanda left for the airport about an hour ago. There's a little snow on the ground this morning, and our current temperature is 19 degrees. We are supposed to have a little more snow this evening. It's quiet. It makes me a little sad. Here's some more photos from this weekend. Have a great Monday!!

I made yummy salsa for our Mexican fiesta on Thursday. Is was go-od.


Poor Paige, she kept making yummy sounds every time I took a bite of my cake. She did get a fistful when I wasn't looking. She is definitely my child. No question about that.


Our piano prodigy in training.

Emily's dog Brownie apparently was very sick on Friday - he was on the toilet with diarrhea. Where does she come up with this stuff?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wish I was there!!! Not for the freezing temperatures, but, for the reason that I have not held Paige. It makes me sad seeing everyone loving all over her and I Have never even seen her inthe flesh. I have to say my favorite picture is the one of you eating your cake and her mouth open. Hysterical!!! Happy B'day Eric. I had no idea the two of us were capricorns- I knew I liked him!!! The dog on the pooer is hysterical. Where do they get this stuff!!! Ryan at night needs separate blankets for his two friends/bears he sleeps with and I usually have to gio in a few times and adjust the blankets a few times. God I miss you and wish the kids could play. we need a girls night out!!!! Amanda looks awesome. I am sure she enjoyed seeing the kids and visiting.

EatCrowe said...

What is the boo-boo under Emily's nose from? Sure there is a story there...