Monday, January 21, 2008

The Nintendo Phenomenon



There is a new phenomenon starting...Nintendo DS! This is a portable game system from our Japanese friends (now made in China of course) at Nintendo. I got Allison one for Christmas and she got me one for my birthday, so now we have his-and-hers Nintendos. The cool thing is that they are equipped with a Wi-Fi connection so you can play wirelessly with nearby opponents. Yesterday we had several guests over for my birthday and several of us had our faces buried behind their diminutive screens, fingers fidgeting wildly at the controls. Ah, sweet victory! I think there were about five of those things in our house at once. Last night before turning out the lights Allison and I had a little go-kart championship race going on. I think my fingers may be sore today, especially my "gas pedal" finger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you do realize that you are getting OLDER when you have a birthday, right? Just kidding. Hold on to the inner child as long as you can.