Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm all black and blue!

I'll freely admit that I am a typical clueless male when it comes to clothing. Frequently I will get dressed in the morning and Allison will take one look at me and say, "What in the world are you wearing? That doesn't match." And I think to myself, "Really? I thought I had a good outfit going on here. What part exactly doesn't match? What do you mean by everything?" This morning while getting dressed I ran into a frequent problem for me, and I suspect men all over are similarly afflicted: I cannot see the difference between black and dark navy blue. Evidently women can tell them apart just as if they were black and canary yellow but to me they look exactly the same. So of course I probably did look foolish trying to wear black shoes with a blue shirt, but men don't look at the shoes people wear in any case. Good Lord! How did I dress before I met Allison? It's a wonder I ever got a second date!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eric, You are hysterical!! True, very true. Men do not see color variations. I have come to the understanding men see dark and light. I think they should make garanimals for men. with a little tag that shows they match. Or lucky for you, you have Allison and Jamie has me!! Have a great day!!