Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday, Monday, Monday

I was right - the doctors appointment was today. Yea!! My mind does work!!

Emily is a whole 42 and a half pounds and 45 inches tall. Paige is 17 pounds, 15 ounces, and 28 inches long. The doctor says both girls are doing just great. Paige is just growing and growing. The doctor says that we can start giving her Cheerios and cheese and all sorts of good stuff - bout time, I say. Maybe she'll stop grabbing for my stuff!! Emily got a pin prick for her blood work, and Paige got three shots and an oral vaccine. Paige cried, but only for a second. We were the only people on the "well" side of the doctors office - and I am hoping we won't have to go the "other" side for awhile. All in all, not too traumatic. Oh, and most importantly, Emily got two stickers - she gave one to her sister. Goofy and Donald Duck in case you were wondering.

I also forgot to mention one other activity that I did this weekend - patching the knees of my oldest daughters jeans. Three pairs. And, I noticed the ones she was wearing yesterday also need patching. What is up with this? I bought her seven pairs of jeans this year - thought we would at least make it into March - wrong. I have noticed that the length is a little short too - oh well. She'll be in shorts soon enough....that's wishful thinking on my part.


Emily's dog Wow doing a little light reading. She said his arms weren't feeling good today, so she had to help him turn the pages.

Believe it or not, I patched these jeans - my Mom says that people pay hundreds of dollars for rips like that. Maybe you should buy regular jeans and let your five year old wear them for a couple months - I guarantee you will have cools rips like this one.

"I just had three shots. The torture I must endure....now give me some Cheerios...please."

2 comments:

EatCrowe said...

That Baby is so stinkin' cute! Now, someone explain the genetics to me... how did they BOTH get blue eyes, when both of my girls got brown, even thought both Ron & I each have 1 light-eyed parent?

Eric said...

Well, They have 2 light-eyed parents and 3 light-eyed grandparents, so even though brown eyes are the more dominant gene the odds were still overwhelming that they would get blue eyes. Since Mom and I both have green eyes there is good chance that their eye color will get some green as they get older and lose their "baby blues". Emily already has a tiny bit of green in there.