Thursday, January 3, 2008

Just another day in Paradise

I have been feeling a little down the past few days. I don't think it's that seasonal thing, or that I am sad that Christmas is finally over - just ask Emily, my new favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Whatever the matter be, someone must have known because I got something to smile about tonight - a beautiful sunset. By the way - I don't think those are actually clouds in the sky - it's probably smoke from the much overworked chimneys during this really cold snap. We woke up to single digits this morning. Brrr. Big Birrrrrr.
In other news, Paige is REALLY into her toys these days. Her new favorites are a piano, this Woozit thing, a pink puppy that sings the ABC's, and her chain link rings. Of course, whatever she can get in her mouth is also exciting too. We are going through burp cloths like crazy as she in just drenching them in a matter of minutes. She has also decided again that sleeping at night is overrated - she kept us up from 11:30pm until almost 2am.

Emily is having a great Winter Break. She is enjoying all this time off of school and has been playing with all her new, and some old, toys. She also does not like to get dressed until almost lunch - and even then I have to practically force her. She even refuses to eat breakfast before 9:30am. Oh boy, I am going to have a time of it next week when she goes back to school. We painted her fingernails today - and I think there's still some paint left on at least 5 of them. That's a pretty good record for my spastic child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sunset- so pink and orange. and then you scroll down to see tits Mcghee the snowgirl admiring it as well. Very funny. I love Emily's beautiful finger nails. I can not get over how old she looks. Miss Paige looks like such a big girl sitting up playing with her toys- boy does time fly. TTYL

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison! Happy New Year! I have enjoyed all the pictures lately, especially the snow woman! She's sexy! :) Too funny. Your scrapbook pages are beautiful as always, you have certainly found your niche with that. I can completely relate to the "being home from school syndrome" with Lauren. In fact, tonight, it is early to bed. We skipped the nap today purposely because it will be a rough week getting her back up at 6:00! Take care!