Wednesday, June 30, 2010

{berries}

Last Friday we headed out to Blake's Farm for some good old fashioned strawberry picking. One of my most favorite things to do in the summer.

Photobucket

Because we had such a "warm" winter, the berries were a few weeks early this year. I was afraid when I heard this that they would be mostly gone. They weren't. But if we had waited a few more days, the pickings would have been MUCH slimmer.

And yes, Paige is wearing yet ANOTHER strawberry shirt. Just like last year. They had these cute outfits at Costco this year, in her size, so you can bet I picked that up as soon as I saw it....about three months ago. I knew we would make it out to the patch again.

Photobucket

Is there anything better than a just picked, ripe and juicy strawberry?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Since it was so sunny and warm this year - last year was much cooler - we could only endure picking about half the amount of berries that we did last year. No real intervention needed for my Mom this year....

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the way out, we passed by the raspberry bushes. I had to get out and get me some of those. I was a little nervous picking raspberries because everyone always talks about getting stung by bees. I didn't see one. And can I just say, this time, it was I who needed the intervention. I love raspberries.

Photobucket

Summer sure is DELICIOUS!

No comments: