Tuesday, June 30, 2009

assorted things

As I mentioned a few days ago, we went to the Stars and Stripes festival in Mt. Clemens - to see the fireworks - last Friday nite.  The show was a bit shorter than last year, but it was still a very good time. We stopped at DQ and got Blizzards for everyone before we got there. Then we set up camp right at Gratiot Blvd., ate our ice cream and watched the show of crazy people walk by.

The thing that amazed me the most - the amount of people walking by us while the fireworks were going off and not even stopping - not even a little bit - to look at the spectacular show in the sky. Didn't seem to faze them in the least. I know that we have all seen fireworks - some of us many, many times - but they still fascinate me - and I am a pretty normal person...what is wrong with those people? And for the record, I was not the only person who noticed this - all the adults in our group felt the same way.

And of course, Emily had to make TWO trips to the port-a-potty. The first time was no big deal. No crowds. The second time, EVERYONE was there. And of course, I picked the WORST line. I made a joke to my friend in the line next to me that I was in line behind Jon and Kate plus eight. No joke - this family has at least seven kids that I counted, and they ALL went into the port-o-let one by one. It took forever. Luckily we made it back in time before the show started.


Last Saturday was Emily's recital. I don't have any pictures of her actual performance because they don't allow cameras in the auditorium during the performance. So here are a couple I took right before we left - we were running behind schedule, and I think Em was a little nervous. Nevertheless, she did wonderful. We were all so proud.

And here are a few of Miss Paige - who will be turning 2 in a matter of weeks.


Big crash upstairs  - better get going.....

No comments: