Monday, June 15, 2009

squirt zone

Last Friday, when we went to the beach, Emily was a little bummed out that we didn't get a chance to go to the squirt zone. She LOVES the squirt zone. So, being the cool Mom that I am, I saw the weather forecast for today - 80 and sunny - and decided that today would be a great day to go back and do the squirt zone. Emily was a BIT excited...as you can see from the above picture. 
And true to form,  being completely opposite from her BIG sister, Paige, HATED the squirt zone. She would cry in shear terror the minute I tried to take her anywhere near the water. I tried holding her, walking up with her, leaving her to try it herself...nothing worked. So, finally, I gave up and took her back to the bench to watch all the fun Emily was having. 

And I gave her fruit snacks. She was happy again. So different from Emily. Emily loves the Squirt Zone, and is not a big fan of fruit snacks. Paige HATES the Squirt Zone and would probably marry a bag of fruit snacks were it legal in this state.
But then, about ten minutes before we were about to leave, this happened:


Now Paige loves the squirt zone. Which is good because I bought an annual pass, so we can go anytime. And we will.

I had to drag her away kicking and screaming. The only thing that calmed her down was being able to pull the wagon with her big sister. I tell you, that girl WEARS ME OUT!!!
And BTW - Emily had a bag of fruit snacks on the way home. All is equal in the world again. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is funny! Kids, they are too much. They bring humor to our lives! Hey, try walmart for the mosaic and potholders, craft section. They were both gifts but I am sure they have them. lauren did really well with the mosaic, did whole thing herself. Worked on it for a few days. Comes with like 6 in the box. Godd filler activities!