Monday, July 14, 2008

Photography

I don't know if any of you know this about me, but I know pretty much nothing about photography. I know bits and pieces of stuff, but for the most part, I just turn my camera on the automatic mode, point it at my subject matter, and click away. Digital photography was designed for me. Now I know if the picture I took is blurry, or just not right.

It's pretty bad because our family business is all about photography. People who know plenty about aperture, f-stops, ISO's and all that jazz buy stuff from us everyday. So, it's time. I must learn - and most of all....RETAIN.

The first thing I wanted to know is how do you do that thing where the subject is in focus, but the background is all blurry. So, Eric showed me. Pretty cool.....The only thing is that my models are not exactly the most cooperative. I had to bribe Emily with a cookie - and Paige, I am just lucky if she's not crying....
This one is my favorite - and it's really hard to get this shot. The moving swing adds quite the degree of difficulty.
Yeah - she was OVER it. I can picture this exact same face on her in about eight years.......
These next ones were taken this morning with my little Canon point and shoot. No real great photography here - just a very cute little almost one year old enjoying a beautiful morning.
She loves those rocks. She picks them up and will hand them to you - but if you aren't paying attention...right into the mouth. As if we don't feed her enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures! I need to learn that! I am like you, I know nothing but I do love to take pictures. Off to bed, finally got Evan to settle down and go to sleep. Seems to be his new deal lately. Doesn't he know it is midnight and that I am exhausted!!!! Talk to you soon :)...I promise!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics- your girls are beautiful and I think you have always been a pretty awesome photographer!!!!

Alyjean said...

I think I just get lucky a lot. You guys only see the shots that are good - and Photoshopped. You should see the ones I don't post. Pretty BAD.