Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes on Sunday

Costco has the big, huge blueberry clamshell right now for eight bucks. So, I have been on a blueberry kick. We have had blueberry pancakes for the past few weekends. They are so yummy. I even like them cold - right out of the refrigerator for a snack...we always have a few left over. Paige and Emily love them as well. Paige ate one and a half pancakes all by herself. I think she may have wanted more, but I am not sure if she just thought they tasted good, or she was really hungry.



Emily has been staying up pretty late the last few nights. She is not real good at sleeping in, so I think her fatigue has finally caught up with her. She was ULTRA crabby at breakfast this morning. She was crabby at dinner time too. She went to bed at eight tonight - and I think she was sleeping by 8:15.



Since Paige's birthday party is next weekend, I have been on the hunt for the perfect gift. What do you get a one year old who doesn't really need any toys because her older sister had every toy known to man? Well, I decided that since she doesn't really know or care too much about gifts, we would get a bike trailer that is on sale at Target this week. Of course, it's already put together, and had it's maiden voyage this afternoon....we couldn't wait - and it was a BEAUTIFUL day, so why not? Paige was strapped in beside her sister, and was fine for the first twenty minutes, then she was over it. I was riding my bike with a trailer containing two children who were not very happy for at least half a mile. Paige wanted OUT, and Emily wanted silence. Oh, Family Fun. (no picture yet...it's hard to take one when you are riding a bike)

Some good news - it looks like Emily's old school may not be closing. We ran into Emily's teacher, Ms. Pfeiffer, at Panera this afternoon. She told us that the owner bought the school building and they plan to have it up and running for the fall. They did cancel summer camp because of low enrollment. Not a perfect situation - but at least those teachers and staff still have their jobs. And that's GOOD news.


Yes, this little thing will be turning one in eleven days. My, how time flies. Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny, I just made two batches of blueberry muffins with the same costco blueberries. They are so good! I can't believe Paige is turning one. Glad to hear about the school, I know you were disappointed it was closing. Keep at it with the bike, hopefully they will get used to it :).