Thursday, July 24, 2008

Paige's First Birthday




So it is finally here. I cannot believe it. I was doing some reminiscing about last year, the day Paige was born, and it feels like it was yesterday. It was a rainy morning, but it turned out to be just like today - blue skies and sunny. Beautiful. Just like my girl.




At one year old, Paige is a very busy little girl. At the moment her favorite thing to do is run towards any stairs, and climb up them before you even realize that she is gone. She loves books - to look at, and have you read to her. Her favorite books are little ones that have little or no words at all. She doesn't have time for a whole story. She loves to play ball, and with any of her shape sorters. She is just getting the idea that each shape goes through a specific hole, and I suspect that she will soon have that all figured out.

She likes to go for walks, but does not like to stop. She likes the bike trailer, but she prefers to go in it all by her self - not crammed in with her BIG sister.






She is a BIG time Mommy's girl. She loves to be held when she is cranky. Lord help you if you try and put her down. She follows me everywhere - sometimes crying and running after me at the same time.






She still loves sweets. You can't eat them in front of her - or else you will have a whining baby at your side, begging for a taste. Actually, that pretty much goes with anything you are eating in front of her. She loves turkey, chicken, steak, pork, carrots, watermelon, strawberries, macaroni and cheese...actually, I will just list the things she is not into at the moment - peas, broccoli, green beans, blueberries, plain pasta and lettuce. These are the cake pictures from today. My Mom was HORRIFIED the whole time that we let her make such a mess. I loved it. So did Paige, do you think?




I spent the better part of the day at a car dealership with my Mom getting her new - well used, but new to her - car. Since it was a used car, we had to get it today, or it would be gone. Not the way I would have liked to spend my daughter's first birthday, but what can you do??




And this child - she was perfectly willing to give me at least one good picture today - unlike her little sister, who would not sit still for ANYTHING. See picture below. I think she was over it.


Happy first Birthday Paige. We love you so much.

No comments: