Monday, October 22, 2007

Where have I been?

Well, I have been busy. I have been holding a baby non-stop for five days- or rather, a baby has been holding me hostage for the past five days. Paige has decided that she does not want to sleep at all during the day. I guess she thinks she's going to miss something. Well darlin' - we are a very boring family, so go to sleep!!


We did do something exciting on Saturday - we went to Stoney Creek Metropark and did a little hiking. The weather has been so beautiful here that I could not pass up the opportunity to enjoy it. Ironically, Paige pretty much slept the whole time.


We also went to Denewiths - a local plant nursery - and enjoyed some of their fall festivities on Sunday. It is still beautiful today, but I have lots of things to do inside - like update my blog - so here I sit.


Here's some pictures from the past few days:


Emily "cooking" at the sink. She was making some sort of soup. Actually, she was making a total mess, but she was having a blast.




Paige is very smiliey lately - she even wakes up with a silly little grin on her face - it makes this whole not sleeping thing a little more bearable.


This picture is of a backyard that we see everyday on our ride home from school - the colors are almost peaked right now. They are not as vibrant as they should be, but it's still pretty.


This picture is from our hike at Stoney Creek. I didn't think 1.8 miles sounded like much - but I forgot to add in the four year old factor. Emily did just fine until about a mile into it. Then she complained the whole rest of the way - she was hungry, tired, had to pee.....what fun it was. She did enjoy all the leaves that we collected.

And finally, this is from Sunday at Denewiths - the corn maze is behind the girls. It has been really windy here - we have even lost a few tombstones in our front yard. Luckily they didn't go far....just the front lawn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having so much fun. Enjoy that beautiful weather! I know she is keeping you hostage with her crying, but oh my gosh, that little Paige is so cute. What a litlle character! That smile of her is just too cute! Miss u guys!