Thursday, October 4, 2007

What is it about blogs?

So, I don't know if you know this, but I am addicted to blogs. Now, I don't mean writing for my blog, but I mean I am totally addicted to reading other people's blogs. I guess this addiction started when I found out that Ali Edwards - a very famous scrapbooker, and all around cool chick - had a blog. Well because I like her so much, I just had to read her blog - which I do, everyday. This lead to many other famous, and some not so famous scrapbookers blogs. Now, I read the blogs that are listed on the Blogger sign in page, or I click on links to people's blogs that I find on some of the message boards that I frequent. I AM ADDICTED. Why is this?


I personally think that I am just a very nosy person and I feel like this is a cool way that I can pry into other peoples lives undercover. Also, I have learned a few things from reading blogs. For instance, on Heidi Swapp's blog, I stole her really cute idea for an end of the year teacher's gift (a beach towel, good magazine and some spray on sunscreen all tied with a pretty bow). I have also read some pretty thought provoking things on Ali's blog. In any case - I just like to enjoy my downtime by relaxing and reading up on what my girls (the blogs I read) are doing.


Okay, enough about that. Paige is still doing okay on her schedule. She slept from 10pm last night, until 4:30am this morning...pretty good. She got up at 7am, had a bottle at 8am, napped at 10am, bottle again at noon, and then got all screwed up because we went shopping. She is currently screaming because she is overtired...so we'll see what we have in store for tonight.


For those of you who are wondering about our beautiful fall colors....well we have none. I was told that because we have had such a dry summer that the colors would not be very vibrant, and that some leaves would just fall off the tree without changing color at all. Now that's depressing. Our maple tree still has all it's leaves, and there's no sign of color yet. Of course, the fact that we have had temperatures in the 80's for the last few weeks is probably not helping. Snow on Easter...what's next, bathing suits on Halloween?


A couple of pictures from this week - those are slippers that I got as a present from Glenda in my office. They are Holland America ship slippers. Eric has pretty much claimed them, and I don't know what's funnier...seeing Paige wear these huge slippers on her tiny feet, or seeing them on Eric's feet. I'll have to get a picture of that. The other picture is of Paige sleeping in her crib. She just looks so big. That's a Gymboree 0-3 size outfit, which is not really fitting her...and Gymboree has always tended to run BIG. At this rate, she'll be going thru her whole wardrobe in a couple months.




No comments: