Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Action Day

Okay, so apparently today is Blog Action Day - where everyone who has a blog is supposed to post about a single issue - this year it's no surprise...the environment. Since I don't Blog about any particular subject, I can just tell you the couple of things that I have done for the "greener" good.

We do use the fluorescent light bulbs in a couple of our light fixtures in the house. I find that they are really bright, so I am not really inclined to get more....but I will try.

I have been really trying to use my scrapbook scraps instead of just throwing them all away.

I turn the water off while I am brushing my teeth.

We only drink organic milk - does that count? For those of you who are not drinking organic milk...seriously, throw out that gross stuff that you have in your fridge right now and make the switch. Trust me, you DON'T want to know what's in there.

We only have one car - yes it's a Minivan, but it's still better than having two cars that we have to fill up with gas. Plus, because Eric and I work from home, we have a very small commute.

Okay, so I am not really that green. In fact, in making this list I can now see how pathetic I am really being in my quest for being more in tune with the environment. I am right here, right now, making a promise to myself that I will try to be greener in the future.

3 comments:

Alyjean said...

I am commenting again - just hate that ZERO. You go Alyjean...yes, drinking organic milk counts.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too believe we should abstain from antibiotic laiden milk! es, we could all be a little greener. We changed all of our bulbs over, and well, we reccl3, and well, we keep the thermostat at a steady 78 to cut energy costs. Does that count?

Alyjean said...

Oh, I didn't even think about the fact that we keep our thermostatat this time of year at 66 during the day and 62 at night. That definately counts! And, I forgot that we also have a HE washing machine. I am greener than I thought!!