Thursday, September 6, 2007

The end of summer

On our way to Toys R Us today - formula is on sale there - I began to notice that some trees are already starting to turn color. I can't believe it's September already, and fall is just around the corner...how do those trees know? We have been having relatively warm weather here - in fact, it's too warm to leave the windows open at night. So, how do the trees know that summer's days are numbered?


I have to admit, I do love the fall. In fact, I happened to notice the colors today because we took Schoenherr Road to TRU, and I always look at my favorite maple tree on that street remembering what a beauty it was last fall - and wouldn't you know it, I saw some red leaves peaking out already.....it's a matter of time.


Fall here in Michigan means cider mills, apple pies, pumpkin patches, mums on your front porch, "fall" decorations, corn mazes, jeans, light jackets, cool nights, hot cider and doughnuts, and college football. It's the last days before you are closed in your house for the winter season - so you best get out and enjoy....even in 50 degrees.

I thought it would be cute to take a picture of all of our feet (me and the girls). It turned out okay, although, my feet look a little more worn than the girls......even after a pedicure....darn Birkenstocks.



No comments: