Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of School (and other stuff)

I am tired. Under three hours of sleep. The worst part. It's my fault. No, I wasn't so excited for the first day of school that I couldn't sleep - although that has happened to me in the past, but I was the student. My beautiful six week-old baby was sleeping in her crib last night - and after she had slept continuously from 8pm until 2am, I FREAKED out. I sat bolt upright in bed, asked Eric if he had fed her earlier, and I had somehow missed it - when he said no, I raced into her room for a "life check", and she was of course fine, but what did I do - yes, like an IDIOT, I woke her up. So, a very cute and sleepy Paige happily took her bottle fed to her by Daddy, and then REFUSED to go back to sleep.....until about 4:45am. Oh, and did I mention that she screamed continuously from 3:30 until 4:45am???

Anyway, so today was Emily's first day of school. She was pretty tired waking up at 7am after a summer of waking up at 8:30am. Then, she didn't like what I had picked out for her to wear, so instead of fighting with her, I let her choose......you be the judge, I think she looks like she belongs on the pages of a Salvation Army clothing catalogue.....pants too short, shirt not really matching, pink sweater from last year, sandals because of a blister on her heal from wearing fancy shoes with no socks. And, not that you could see, but the pants kind of fall down around the waist, so you can see her pink underwear.....NICE! I think I am going to have a re-take tomorrow, when I hopefully will have more sleep and can more influence on the wardrobe.


Wardrobe notwithstanding, she had a great first day. They divided her old class up into two classes, with each of her old teachers taking their own class. She now has just Mrs. Pfiffer - who we adore. No tears were shed when we left, just a peck on the cheek, and a "Bye, Mom." What a difference from last year!!

We had a great Labor Day weekend. A nice visit with my Dad and Natalie. A fun BBQ at my Aunt Teresa's house. And an adventure out to a cute little town just north of here called Clarkston. It's full of old, neat, character filled houses. We parked the van and went on a little walk through town with the girls. Paige slept, Emily picked up sticks for a fishing expedition. Good weekend.


I am now going to wake the sleeping baby....not really, but I would like to stand at her crib and scream continuously for an hour at her....I won't, but wouldn't it be interesting........

No comments: