Monday, September 10, 2007

The Detroit Zoo after 20+ years

On Saturday, thanks to my Aunt Teresa and her Beaumont passes, we made a trip to the Detroit Zoo. I haven't been there since I was probably 10 or 11, so it's been awhile. We left Paige with my very competent Aunt and Uncle, and cousin Ryan who was visiting from Kalamazoo. Ryan and his wife Julie are expecting a baby - FINALLY!! - due on March 24th - very excited for them.
We had a great time, although most of the animals were sleeping because it was quite warm out. The rhinos were pretty active, as were the giraffes and zebras. Emily's favorite part of the day was the train ride we took from the back of the zoo to the front. Paige did great as well - she was passed out on the sofa when we came to pick her up.
I finally got a frame for my picture from the hospital of Paige and I. So, I put both the Emily picture and the Paige picture next to each other to compare. I obviously look a little different, but my girls look so similar. It's uncanny. In case you were wondering - Emily is on the left, Paige is on the right.
Paige will be seven weeks old tomorrow. Wow! I'll have some more pictures of her tomorrow. I may even be able to get one of her smiling - which she has been doing more and more lately. This morning she gave me a great, big smile right before she hurled all over me. Awww, how cute!!

No comments: