Thursday, September 20, 2007

And I am back

I have been so busy the last few days. Eric's parents have been in town and we have been showing them the sights.

Monday, we went to Blakes Apple Orchard and Cider Mill, for what else but apple picking, donuts and cider - all of which were great. We also have a HUGE bag of apples that we picked and now we are FORCED (yeah, twist my arm) to make all sorts of apple pies, cakes and anything else we can think of with apples. We seem to do this every year - pick WAY too many apples....but it's all in fun. I don't think that Eric's parent have been apple picking in years, and I am pretty sure that they have never experienced fresh donuts and cider from the cider mill - which, in my opinion, is the WHOLE reason to go apple picking.


On Tuesday we went to a little town north of here called Frankenmuth. It's a German town that is famous for it's family style chicken dinners and German ambiance. We walked around quite a bit, shopped a little, and ate an early dinner at our favorite place - The Bavarian Inn. The chicken was as good as I remember it to be, as were the mashed potatoes and stuffing. Emily's favorite part of the day was rolling down the hill next to the newly built shopping area. Paige slept through most of it - she only woke up for her bottle at dinner time...how convenient.
The last picture is Miss Paige from today - the other pictures are a little Emily centered, so I thought I would include one of the other daughter. Paige is really becoming much more fun. She's smiling, laughing, "talking", trying to grasp objects, and she loves to stand up - with help of course. She has such strength in her legs and neck. If she's not walking by 10 or 11 months, I will be shocked. She's a girl on a mission, and she just seems like she has some place to GO. She's also on somewhat of a schedule - if you call 3 days of pretty much the same sleeping and eating patterns a schedule. She's sleeping from 10pm at night until 3:45am, then from 4:30am until 7am, and then she takes a long nap from 1 until 4. She does cap nap in between. For me, it doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's consistent.
Too tired to write anything else today - maybe more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog, AllyJean. I especially dig the donut photos. Nothing better to eat in this world than a warm donut from Blake's. We used to go there after Sunday school back in the day. I'll tell you what, I could sense God in those donuts; church pretty much sucked.