Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Finally!

So, as most of you know, I have letters in Emily's room that spell her name. They were a gift from my Mom for her first birthday. I love them, and could not wait for us to paint her room here in our new house so that we could put them up on her wall (the letters are white, and her walls were white). Of course, I had to get the letters for Paige's room as well. So, I ordered them from Pottery Barn Kids about 1 month before she was born, and much to my dismay, the "g" was on back order until the middle of September. I was pretty upset. Eric and I looked all over the Internet to find letters the were the font, size and quality that I wanted - we didn't find any. So, I waited, patiently. FINALLY, last Friday the "g" showed up on my doorstep. I waited for Paige to wake up, and started taking out the letters.....guess what? The paint on the "g" was a different color. Don't you just hate that? Pottery Barn was great and sent out all new letters, which we got today. They all matched. Eric hung them. I love them. Happy Allison.

Oh, and I got Paige lowercase letters - since she's the little sister, and I have a thing for the lowercase "g". Don't ask.......

Also, I finished the artwork that I was making for Paige's wall. I think it's pretty good. I now have a new motto - if you can't find what you need.....make it yourself.

I made these with scraps from my patterned paper scrap pile - I just tore off pieces and glued them down so that they went around the shape of each of the petals. The centers are made with a chipboard circle covered in card stock, and then I glued on buttons from my button stash. Total cost: $40 for all three. Pretty good huh? It took me all of about 2 hours to make all three. I am now thinking what other shapes would be cool. Emily wants one for her room. Any suggestions?
So now, Finally, Paige's room is done. I know she's much happier - i think that's why she has been crying so much. I just know she's laying in her crib right now smiling, and thinking about how much she loves her room. I know I would be.

No comments: