Friday, September 14, 2007

New Shoes Part Two

I had a very busy day yesterday. Got up early, showered, dressed myself, and my girls. Then, I started laundry, fed the baby, attempted to work but then had to attend to a crying baby. I took Paige with me to pick Emily up at school - Emily was surprised and so excited. Then, I started my chicken soup - I roast chicken breasts (with skin and bone) in the oven with carrots, celery, onions and a little water for about an hour for my soup base. It makes a great tasting soup...I swear. Then, I was off to the supermarket.

In Florida, we had the most fantastic supermarket - Publix. Now, I love Michigan. I love the fruit markets and the apple orchards....but the supermarkets SUCK. We have a Kroger around the corner from us, and since we have moved here, I can probably count on my hand the number of times I have been there. I literally pay an extra dollar for things at Nino's (the awesome fruit market) so that I don't have to go to Kroger. Farmer Jack's was a little better, but they went bankrupt and are now gone. I thought that all was lost...until I went to a locally owned grocery chain called VG's. Now, it's not Publix, but it is as close as I am going to get to Publix here in Michigan. I was talking to a lady in the canned vegetable aisle yesterday who also hates Kroger, and love's VG's, so I am not alone. They decorated the outside of the store with hay bales, pumpkins and scarecrows - so cute. I would have taken a picture, but of course, my camera I bought specifically for my purse, was on the counter at home. Anyhoo...my shopping experience was great, even though it's 10 minutes further than Kroger - it's worth it.

After I got home, unloaded my haul, and finished the soup. I did more laundry, fed the baby, bathed the baby and collapsed in a heap on the bed last night at 10pm.

Having two kids is a lot of work.....it's going to get easier right???

Here's those pictures of Emily and her new shoes....also a picture of Paige in her cute, cute outfit from Gymboree. I must not go in that store......

No comments: