Tuesday, December 23, 2008

cookie time

Last night, after I put Paige to bed, Emily and I decorated cookies.  Daddy was at his train club, so he didn't get to join in the fun.  Emily said that her favorite part was putting on lots and lots of sprinkles....and eating them as well.  I can definitely see a change in her decorating abilities from last year.  She is much more careful with her frosting and sprinkle placement - she made the blue and white snowflake pictured above.  My girl is growing up, and turning out to be just as anal retentive as her mother. 


Notice the gingerbread napkin holder behind me in the picture above - Emily made it for us for Christmas.  Isn't it adorable?  We so needed a napkin holder.  I am keeping it out all year.  This is not surprising though from the girl who puts out the pilgrim salt and pepper shakers all year as well.
Paige enjoying some morning Elmo.  She is feeling a lot better, and is almost finished with her cold....I hope.  Still can't believe that Christmas is just days away.  Lots to do around here - presents to wrap, more cookies to make and bake, bacon buns to make as well.  Better go and check on that dough........

1 comment:

EatCrowe said...

Glad someone else was up baking last night.