Friday, June 6, 2008

Hot, Hot, Hot

This is by no means a complaint - but, oh my goodness, it's going to be over ninety degrees here today. I guess Michigan is into extremes this year. Extremely cold winter, which went way too far into Spring. And now, not just a little warm, but REALLY warm. But, I will take it. No problem. I am sure those thousands of people who are headed to downtown Detroit - Red Wings Stanley Cup Parade - are not complaining one bit. Go Red Wings!!

I was sitting at the kitchen table this morning, looking out the window and I noticed this:
The peonies across the way have begun to bloom. They are just so beautiful. I think they are my new favorite flower. I must get some for myself. I must restrain myself from going across our yard and cutting off a few stems....that would be very wrong.
Busy weekend for us. Emily has her End of the Year concert tomorrow morning. Then a picnic. Eric will be missing it since he is up north with my Uncles and Grandpa. He will be home tomorrow afternoon. Paige will also be missing it as well - she is going to be hanging out with my Aunt T so that I don't have to worry about her during the concert. Concerts and ten month olds - well, my ten month old - do not mix.
We also have some "girl" things planned for the later afternoon tomorrow. Don't know how my girls are going to hold up for that - we'll see.
Have a great weekend - and check back here later Saturday for pictures of the performance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Peonies! I had them in my wedding bouquet mixed with hydrangeas. They are so pretty! I want to cut it too! Enjoy the concert, and the heat :). Summer is here!

Anonymous said...

Wow girl great pic your blog is starting to look like Dooce!!! You might be able to give her a run for her money :)