Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lazy Sundays

Oh I wish. I remember a much simplier time when Sundays were just a day to sit back and relax and get ready for the upcoming week. However, they were also a bit boring. Fast forward a few years, and a couple kids, and now Sundays are anything but relaxing.

I started out my morning by being woken up at 6:30am by little Miss Paige. She may sleep though the night - sometimes - but she gets up EARLY. Eric got her up, changed her diaper, suctioned out her much stuffy nose - much blood curdling screams ensued - and brought her into our bed at 7am. She was quickly followed by her big sister. Sleeping in - I think not. At 7:30am, I went downstairs to feed the baby, and was greeted by a waggy tail dog, who looks like he would like to go out. So, I let him out, and he went down the sidewalk and out of my view. Dang dog. I would have gone down the steps after him, but the steps were covered with ice, and I was not about to fall on my butt....or so I thought. I quickly ran to the garage, opened the door, screamed the dogs name - no dog. I went into the garage to see if I could see him - nope. I took ONE little tiny step onto the driveway to see if I could get a better view and BAM - took a nose dive onto the icy driveway. Keep in mind, I have bare feet, pj's on, and oh, the baby in my arms. In case you are wondering, she was fine...my elbow broke my fall, and prevented the baby from falling too - my now bruised elbow. Oh, and also, bare feet offer no traction, so I am now trapped and praying (it IS Sunday) that none of my neighbors go to the early service at church. I was slipping and not able to get up - Eric was in the shower, and my Mom was still sleeping.....what do I do? I decide that I will just grab on to the small Arborvitae tree and hope that the snow on the ground beside it was not as slippery as the ice - it wasn't...but it was COLD. I was able to get up and get inside quickly. Oh, and where is Max you ask? Waiting for me at the front door.......gotta love it.

So, I went to Target, much later on, did a load of Paige's clothes, made lunch, watched a little bit of the Daytona 500, cleaned out Paige's closet, and all the other typical stuff I do on a Sunday. Oh, and did I mention that I am supposed to be taking it easy.....yeah right.

Would I trade any of it for my old boring Sundays? Not a chance. Take a look at these faces....would you?

Have a great week!!




No comments: