Sunday, March 9, 2008

Winter Blahs

It's that time of year around here - snow on the ground, chill in the air, wind in your face, and a perpetual yucky mood. It's March. I am over the whole winter thing. I am so needing spring. I need to see some green grass, tulips blooming, trees flowering, and greenhouses opening. I would like to see my feet in my Birkenstock sandals instead of socks and slippers. I would like to wear my Capri pants, and one layer on the top. I would like to wash my hands and not have to rush and put lotion on them before they turn into a dry, brittle mess. I would like to leave the house without putting a jacket on. I want to play outside - with sidewalk chalk, bikes, squirt guns, kites, and kick balls. It's the little things.

This is not an "Oh, woe is me" post. I just have nothing else on my mind lately. So - let's think good thoughts and hope that we see some of that Spring stuff soon.

Okay, here's something....and I swear this is not really related to the above musings, I just thought that this was pretty funny. Coming home today from our "Oh My God, Get me out of this house or else" outing, we drove past the newly built funeral home on Romeo Plank Road. Outside, in the parking lot, was a car with a banner that read, "Grand Opening". Seriously? I have never heard of a Grand Opening to a funeral home before. Let's all just rush out and go. Um, more like, "Please keep me away from that place". Anyway, I just thought that was pretty funny.

Since I have been in this mood, I haven't taken any pictures in the past few days. I promise I will do more this week - but for now, a picture from last March. Which, incidentally, I only took about 50 pictures that month. Like I said - tough month. So, here's Emily and her doggies. She has 24 of them now. Maybe I will take a new picture this week. Have a good one!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought Emily looked different! Spring will be there soon! I see tulips and daffodils in your near future :)...