Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Routines

Every morning, when I get out of the shower, I get my mouth wash out, take a swig and begin my daily regimen of ridding myself of all of those yucky mouth germs. I keep this mouth wash in the cabinet under my sink. I have it on the right side, while on the left I have everything else that I use in the morning....hairspray, lotion, mousse, etc...

A couple of days ago, I decided that it was just plain silly to keep my mouth wash on one side of the cabinet, all by itself, while all the other things I use in the morning are kept together on the other side - so I moved it to the left. Little did I know that this one small change would completely screw me up for the next few mornings.

The next day, I got out of the shower, opened the right side, no mouthwash - "Yeah dummy...you moved it. Remember?" This went on for about four mornings, until I decided that it was just plain silly to re-enact this scenario every morning, so I moved it back. Wouldn't you know, the next morning, I went looking for my mouthwash on the left side - with all it's other morning counterparts...."Yeah dummy.....you moved it back. Remember?" This is crazy.

This morning, I actually had to pause and think about it. I went for the left knob first, then the right, then left again.....finally, I opened the right side cabinet. Thank goodness that everyone in the house is still fast asleep at this time, because anyone looking in on me would think I have lost my mind.

One little change - my whole world rocked. Lesson learned - leave well enough alone.

Does this ever happen to you?

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

TOTALLY! That is too funny! Good luck with it tomorrow.