Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Little Baker

Okay, so I know that I said that I don't really bake during the holidays - but I could just not get enough of those frosted sugar cookies that I made for Emily's birthday party. So, I made more. Emily, of course, wanted to "help". After she cut a few stars out, I decided that Emily could have her own dough to play with. And play she did. The floor, her shirt, arms and face were covered in cookie dough and flour. But, she had fun. I had fun just watching her. I think my favorite part was her calling the flour, cauliflower. Such a funny little person she is.

She is SO excited for Christmas this year. She is really trying to get me to let her open just one present from under the tree. She is especially intrigued with a present from her Auntie's dog, Chloe. Eric just had to make a last minute phone call to Santa with a last minute request from Emily - she wants a keyboard like the one Ms. Pal has at her school. Daddy didn't get through to Santa, but he did speak to one of his elves. We'll see what they can do.......

It looks like we will not be having a white Christmas this year after all. The temperature has been in the 40's, and it rained buckets this morning, melting just about all the snow. It was like a reverse of last Sunday. Snow is in the forecast for later tonight, but it's just a few flurries.

Just so you know - the smart Mommy that I am....I already told Santa that Emily would want a keyboard like Ms. Pal. Gosh, I am good.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!! I probably won't be posting back here until Dec. 26th. But, you never know......

No comments: