Monday, December 31, 2007

Last day of 2007

I love this day of the year. It's fun to watch all the news shows as they recap the year's events. Of course, I don't like when they show all the bad stuff that has happened over the course of the year - there was enough news coverage as it was happening, and I don't need to remember that. But none the less, it's still fun to watch all the other more happy stuff.

Here's my 2007 Year in Review:
My 2007 started out pretty slow - mostly because that's how I moved around. I started out the year with really bad morning sickness, which lasted well into April. We had a huge scare at the end of February with a mass on the outside of my placenta, which caused a very not fun trip to the emergency room. Thank goodness, everything turned out okay - the baby was just fine. The upside of all of that was that we got to have my ultrasound a week early - and on February 27, 2007, we found out we were having a girl.

I saw my first snow on Easter this year - although, it probably snowed on Easter when I was a child, but who remembers that?

We took a fun road trip in May to Atlanta to see our good friends, and old next door neighbors the Vorobels. Emily had a great time seeing her old buddy Hailey. We also got to see the Bok family who live about 45 minutes away from George, Terry and Hailey. On our way home to Michigan, we stopped for the night at my Aunt Lindsay and Uncle Ed's house in Tennessee. It was good to see them and their new house. Eric got motion sickness from a racing game that he was playing with my Uncle Ed - so we had lots of time to visit and catch up.

Eric went to Florida in June to celebrate his Grandmother's 95th birthday. How cool is that? Also in June, Emily completed her first year at Schoolhouse Montessori. She really loves her school and her teachers - I am just so glad we decided to send her there.

And of course, in July, Paige Elizabeth Gottlieb was born. July 24th to be exact. Scheduled c-section, that went perfectly - just a little nausea afterwards, but no big deal. She's a cool kid with a BIG personality. It's exciting to watch her grow up - and just as exciting to watch Emily's reaction to it all.

Of course, we had a slew of visitors after Paige was born - my sister Amanda, Tracy and Katie, Eric's parents and his sister, Ingrid.

I would do more of a review - but you can read old posts on this blog to see everything else. I covered the big stuff.

I am scrapbooking here and there - but the exciting news is that I have finally started Paige's layouts. Here are the first three.
Happy New Year - and see you all in 2008. Hey - why not resolve to start a blog of your own? I would promise to be a regular visitor.......

No comments: