Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Jig is up - thank goodness

Just got back from my surprise visit to sunny, and HOT, south Florida. I am so glad all the sneaking around is over. You see, I am not a very good liar, and although I was never directly asked by anyone about my coming to Florida, it was still very hard to hold it all in for a couple months.

For those of you who don't know - I surprised my whole Adventure Travels office by attending my good friend Keri's baby shower. The only person who knew that I was coming was my partner in crime - Linda Freels. We both did an excellent job of keeping the whole thing under wraps until Wednesday night. It was so much fun seeing everyone's faces as they came into the room at Buca DiBeppo. Most everyone's first reaction was just to say, "Oh HI Allison", but then they realized that it was not a normal thing anymore for me to be there, and then came the "Oh my GOD!! Allison's here!!!" I do however think my favorite reaction of the night was Keri's reaction. I don't think anyone was more shocked than she was. It was great.

I would like to thank the lovely Lisa Hellman for taking such a great picture. You really captured it!! It so much fun to get the chance to do that to someone - gives you the warm fuzzies on the inside. I am still smiling about it.

Anyway, we had a great time at the shower. It was so much fun to get to see everyone - although it will just make me miss them so much more now. It's just not the same taking on the phone, or though email - but it's better than nothing, right? So, thank you Adventure so much for making me feel like I had never left. You guys ROCK. And Brooke - there are just no words...good gift.

I had a great Thursday afternoon with my sister, Amanda. She, bless her heart, sat though my visit to the office so I could catch up with those who were not able to attend the shower. We had a great lunch at my favorite place - LaBamba. And even got to get some Christmas shopping done at Towne Center mall. I got to see her new store that she will be managing in a matter of days - WAY TO GO Amanda! Stop by if you get a chance - Baby Cottons. It's a super cute store with super cute clothes for baby and kids.

Thursday nite was a fun night with all my south Florida girlfriends - Tracy (who was so sweet to put me up for my stay), Mary-Frances, Patti and Sheila. We ate at our usual spot, Carrabbas, and stuffed ourselves on gossip, stories and did I mention the food? Again, it was so great seeing you girls, and I now miss you even more.


One more thing....I would like to say thank you to all of you who let me know that you like reading my blog. It was so good to hear that so many are enjoying it. I think it's just a great and efficient way to keep up with everyone. I think everyone should have one!! So, if you promise to keep reading, I promise to keep writing. I am just going to warn everyone that this month's blog entries are sure to be either short or less frequent - December is a busy month for our family. Emily already came running into my bedroom this morning shouting, "It's December! It's December! Happy December!" With her performance this Thursday, her birthday two weeks from Sunday and Christmas, it's no wonder it's her favorite month. So, Happy December everyone!!

Oh, BTW - everyone is in one piece here in Michigan. Eric and my Mom did a super job holding down the fort.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures Allison! Sorry I missed you, but I am glad you had such a nice time with everyone. It was a great little trip for you. Well deserved! I will definately check out the new store. Is it in Town Center?

Alyjean said...

Yes - it's close to Saks and Williams Sonoma. Missed seeing you too.

Maryfrances said...

It was an awesome girls night out. I miss you. Wish you were here so we an do that more often. As I told you I love the blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just want to say AGAIN that I am so proud of us. It was so great to see you in person and no, it is not the same on the phone or email, but thank goodness we have both. Thanks for coming, Keri will certainly never forget her shower surprise!

Linda