Sunday, December 16, 2007

Five Years Ago....

So, five years ago today I met one of the most funny, sweet, smart and silly girls I know...my daughter, who turned five today, Emily Jean. Five years ago today, I finally felt the relief of being through with a labor that felt like it would never end. Emily Jean made her entrance into this world at 7:00pm on the dot. She was just the sweetest thing that, at the time, I have ever seen. For her first few hours of life, she was a peaceful baby. It was a few hours before I could actually hold her, and when I did, I had tears of just absolute joy and love. It was a moment that will live with me forever - a moment that feels like it was just a minute ago.


Emily at five. It seems almost hard to swallow. She is so grown up. No longer a baby. Not even a toddler either. A KID.

Emily had a great birthday weekend. She had a blast with her friends on Friday night. They were such little artists with their cookie decorating.


On Saturday, we went to Red Robin, as requested by Emily. She loved her birthday sundae, as well as the birthday song they sang to her.

The big excitement was today. When Emily woke up this morning, I asked her to look outside. She screamed (excited) and started to jump up and down. Snow, almost a foot, was everywhere. Of course, I was thinking, are we having a party? Emily was thinking, "When are we going outside?" Eric got to use his brand new snow thrower. After warming up, he went back out with Emily for some sledding, and playing in the snowdrifts. Our family, with the exception of my Dad and Natalie - he had a far drive - braved the snowy roads for Emily's birthday party. I was so touched. To them, it was no big deal, but it was to me, and Emily as well.



Such a great weekend. Such a great kid. We are blessed to have her in our lives. Happy 5th birthday, my sweet girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was so sweet, very touching. She is a sweet little girl. I am so glad you all had such a wonderful weekend celebrating. That is what it is all about, celebrating. It is hard to believe our babies are growing up. Be proud, she is a lot to be proud of.