Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas and Five Months Old

It's the day after Christmas, and if I had enough energy, I would take down all my decorations. No, I am not Scrooge, I am just OVER it. My family room seems so cluttered - especially with the inclusion of all the toys that Santa brought. I have been slowly bringing them upstairs to their correct rooms, or down to the basement, but it is NEVER ENDING!!!

ABOVE: Paige in the car on the way to our Christmas Eve celebration. Too cute in her Santa hat. BELOW: The girls in the Christmas Dresses. Paige really did love her dress, even though she didn't look too excited about it.
We had a great time on Christmas Eve at my Aunt Teresa and Uncle Denny's house. It was so good to get to see everyone. Sue, Julie and I tried to solve the world problems, and I think we may have a good start. We had a wonderful dinner of roasted turkey breast, cheesy potatoes, yummy salad and rolls. We also played a really fun game - made up by Sue and Matt - of family trivia. I am sorry to say, our team - the Naked Cousins (name only...we weren't actually naked...thank God for that) - lost to the Latvians. I feel that the questions were unbalanced - the Latvians got WAY too many multiple choice, so they had it easy. Just kidding...it was a lot of fun, and definitely worth Matt and Sue staying up late making up those questions. I loved finding out some trivia about my relatives that I never knew - my Aunt Lindsay drove a VW Beatle when she was dating my Uncle Ed - way cool. Anyway, we got home very late, and put two sleepy girls to bed. Incidentally, Paige and Emily were so good all night. I never really saw either of them - Paige was held by just about everyone, and Emily was having a great time playing with Hayley and Clara.

ABOVE: The Gottlieb's on Christmas Eve.


Also on Monday, Paige turned FIVE MONTHS OLD. Boy this time is sure flying by fast. I put her in the same onesie that she wore when we took the pictures for the birth announcement. She barely fits into it now. She is also doing such a great job of sitting up on her own now, which makes it very difficult for her to stay on that doggie.


Christmas morning went by in a whirl of wrapping paper and ribbons. I think everyone got what they wanted - including Paige. She loved her giraffe rattle and doggy that sings the ABC's. Emily was SO excited to see that Santa left her the Horse school she coveted, as well as the keyboard. She has been very busy playing with EVERYTHING she received. We have only seen her when she needs us to help her open a box. I did ask her last night what her favorite present was - she told me that she loved everything, and that she was looking forward to more presents on Easter. You gotta love that.


ABOVE: In my opinion, Emily's favorite gift - Play Foam. She was upset when she opened all her Santa gifts and it was no where. Fortunately, her Auntie got it for her. She made a Spongebob.

Hope everyone's Christmas was Merry!!

No comments: