Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's a competitive thing....

I am not really sure when it started, but we have become quite the competitive family. Maybe we always were and I just didn't notice. Eric and I are even passing it on to our girls. I use it as an incentive to get Emily to move a little faster - you know how slow a five year old can be at times. All I have to say is, "I'm gonna win...." and she's running across the room to beat me up the stairs, or to the car, or where ever.

Eric and I have competed with our Nintendo DS game, Brainage. We played each other for weeks just trying to beat each other by getting the younger age. I haven't played in awhile, but I think he still holds the record - yes, I can admit that.....but I may just pick it up again later today and play until I beat him. It probably won't take long. :)

The newest competition is my most favorite - who's getting better faster. It all started last Friday when we both came down with a cold at the same time. I don't know why, but I started to get better faster than my husband. He was pretty peeved about it. So peeved that he, the man who really isn't into taking pills, started a pretty good regimen of pill popping. We are both feeling much better today - but I still think I have the edge. He was smiling last night as I went into a coughing fit for about 30 minutes. Nice. He then decided that HE was the one who was getting better sooner. Now every sneeze, little cough, nose blow that I do is being noted in his head - I should have a final tally later today.

All I have to say is.....he's blowing his nose right now and I'm not....you decide.

1 comment:

Ryan and Julie said...

Based on Eric's ideas on the sources of carbon dioxide, you should be able to school him at the BrainAge game!!