Sunday, November 25, 2007

Yet another update

I guess November has been a pretty busy month. I have only had a few posts this month, much less than the previous months. Well, I have been busy and for some reason cannot seem to find the time to blog. I am going through blog withdrawal.

In any case, Thanksgiving was good. We had 14 people (that includes myself) for dinner. We played a new game that I found by reading someones blog. I had everyone write down on a piece of paper the things that they were thankful for, and a bonus question of who would you like to meet, living or dead. Then, the papers, without names, were deposited into a basket. At dinner, everyone drew out a slip of paper, read it and tried to guess who wrote it. It was fun reading some of the things that people came up with - funny and serious. I won't bore you with all of them, but I enjoyed Clara's poem and had a chuckle at the fact that my Aunt Teresa wants to meet Chuck Norris. We also had our first real snow of the season. When we woke up there was a little on the ground and some on the roof. It snowed pretty hard around 2pm, but it didn't really stick.

Didn't really venture out to much on Black Friday. I did make it to Hallmark for some much needed gift wrap and teacher presents.

Today, Eric and I had the opportunity to ride on the North Pole Express. It's this real working steam locomotive that operates out of a small town north of here - Owasso. We were invited by a couple of members from Eric's train club that actually work on the locomotive. It was pretty cool. We got to ride in a real restored caboose - even got to sit up in the cupola (the top part) for most of the ride up and back. This locomotive was actually used in the movie "The Polar Express" - they used the sounds and drew the locomotive in the movie based on the one we rode on. Of course, Eric was WAY more into than I was, but I still thought it was pretty neat. It would have been fun to take Emily with us, but we were only offered two tickets, so we had some grown up time. Eric told Emily that we would be seeing Santa Claus - the train travels to the "North Pole". So, Emily went and got her most prized toy catalog and showed Eric what she wanted so that we could tell Santa for her. Too funny.

Here's some pictures from the last week:

Paige was four months old on Saturday - time flies doesn't it???


Finally, I found a good use for a Boppy!!! Gotta keep those ears warm. Sorry Honey, I could not resist!!
We got this marker board at IKEA - Emily and Eric love to draw on it all the time. Emily named this dude Mib Meef. I like his belly button.
See the snow on our roof? Very exciting huh?
Here's the Polar Express. Notice the number....1225.....and all that STEAM!!!
Isn't she just the cutest?
The group from Thanksgiving. From the top: Clara, Aunt Joan, Hayley, Sue, Julie (with Emerson in her belly), Ryan, Matt behind Julie and Ryan, Emily, Me, Aunt T hiding, Carol, Kelly, Eric, Uncle Denny and Paige.


No comments: