Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Aunt Ingi was here

Oh my goodness - it's been over a week......so not like me. Well, I have been busy and then after I was busy, I was sick..well I am sick. A cold. No fun. Even Paige has her first stuffy nose. Should I save the first snotty tissue? Has anyone ever scrapbooked that? For some strange reason, I think someone probably has.

Anyway, Friday was a crazy day. Emily had no school because of Parent teacher conferences - which I went to. At the same time Eric and Emily went to the airport to pick up Ingrid. Emily is doing great so far this year. Her teachers have really seen an improvement from last year - much more outgoing, and a big jump in reading readiness. She's doing really well in math as well. I have no doubt that she will be completely ready for Kindergarten next year.

We had a very nice visit with Ingrid. ***By the way, I like to spell Ingi with an "e" on the end, but apparently that is wrong. I would like to go on record that INGI looks weird*** It was not the greatest weather - cold, gray and generally rainy. We did make it out to IKEA, which was fun. Emily was very happy to see her Aunt and cannot wait until the next visit - either here or in Florida.

Paige has a bit of a cold, but she is dealing with it just fine. She is also sleeping better. No, not through the night, but two good naps during the day, and most of the night. She's even learned to fall asleep on her own - BIG PLUS. She has also learned to shreek like a pterodactyl. It's pretty funny. I didn't think it was possible, but she's getting cuter and cuter everyday. We measured her yesterday, and she's already 25 inches long. Almost four months old. Is that possible??
Funny thing Emily said the other morning: "Mommy, I am SO tired. I was up all night watching my dreams." Any excuse to sleep in.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those jammies are so cute! Wow, Ms. Emily will be 5. So hard to believe. Glad you guys are doing well. I was worried about you :)....no posts in a week :)