Monday, November 5, 2007

Snow is in the forcast....

Since we have moved here to the great state of Michigan, and have become a stay at home family, we have become quite the newspaper addicts. We, Eric and I, practically fight over sections everyday. I like staying current - it makes life so much more interesting. Even Emily gets into it - she always wants to know what "color" we are. What she means is on the last page of the local news section is the weather forecast. There's a map of Michigan, and it's color coded according to temperature. There's also an extended forecast with pictures of suns, clouds, rain clouds and yes, the snowflake. So, the picture for tomorrow is a snowflake.

I would also like you to know that I do look at the forecast for other places in this world....for example, I know that y'all in Florida had a lovely day in the low 80's....hope you enjoyed it.

This weekend, Eric and I did something that we haven't done in quite a while - actually I cannot remember the last time.....we went to see a rated R film in the theater. We saw "Into the Wild". It was, as Kelly put it, INTENSE. For those of you not familiar with the story - it's about this young man, Chris McCandless, who is searching for the meaning of life I suppose, and he goes off on a two year adventure with practically nothing. He ends his adventure in the vast wilderness of Alaska. He ends up starving to death. It's a true story....I am not telling you anything that hasn't already been told. Anyway, it's based on the book of the same name, which I just finished prior to seeing the movie. What a up and happy movie for date night right? We liked it - I just wasn't expecting to really see him die in the movie....the book basically said "He died." That was the intense part.


Now for something much happier.......Emily and Eric having their driving lesson.

The "real" boss in the office. She has been so good lately - during the awake hours. She has been a handful at night - she has been waking up practically every hour....oh what fun. Have a great Tuesday and check back here later for possible snow pictures. Oh yeah, I tried to get better pictures of Paige in her Pea costume....not happening. Note to self....three month old babies do not need a Halloween costume. Well, at least the costume was not expensive. Hey, if any of you need a cute costume in 0-6 month size....see me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh! She is getting cuter and cuter! I love her little outfits! I want pink polka dot pants like that! Snow, sounds like fun. Everyone always loves the first snow....gets everyone all excited. Stay warm! oxoxo

Alyjean said...

I should take a picture of her standing - they actually flare out a little bit. One of my favorite outfits.....