Sunday, February 21, 2010

vacation. days one thru two.

So, we have spent the past week on a whirlwind tour of Tennessee, Georgia and Florida. Over 3,000 miles logged in the car. We only had a few mishaps - I'll go into those later - but, for the most part - it was a wonderful trip.

There's lots of stories, so I will be posting all week. Stay tuned......

Day One: We left home at 5am, for Woodstock, GA. It was a pretty uneventful trip....until we got close to the Georgia border. And then, it began to SNOW. Lots and lots of SNOW. Cars were going off the highway all around us. Luckily, we arrived at our friends house unscathed. Very dangerous driving conditions...but BEAUTIFUL scenery.



Day Two: The next morning, when we woke up, it was a beautiful, sunny day. Hailey, Emily's buddy, REALLY wanted to go out and play in the snow...and when you don't get this kind of snow very often, who could blame her, right? Of course, we were completely unprepared. I had left all of our warm jackets, gloves, hats, scarves and boots at home. Oops. But, we got creative, and Emily made do with my gloves, a few extra pairs of socks, and insulated Crocs. Paige and I stayed inside.









It was a nice, restful day after all that driving. It was also nice to be able to spend time with our good friends who we don't see often enough.

A side note: about two hours after our arrival, I took a tumble down the stairs...wood stairs...while holding Paige. Paige was fine. I was a little bruised all down my left side. No permanent damage done. But, as you will be able to see in my following posts....definitely a theme for our trip.

Days three and four tomorrow.....stay tuned. DisneyWorld, and Emily's very exciting "run-in" with a moving vehicle.

No comments: