Thursday, August 30, 2007

Well, that's more like it


My name is Princess Fusspot
I fuss, I fuss, I fuss a lot
I fuss over here and I fuss over there
Cuze I am Princess Fusspot
-words and music by Allison Gottlieb


Well at least one of my girls is smiling.

My Mom thinks that I am crazy - she thinks all newborns are fussy, but I swear, I have known many babies who are content to just sit in your lap, and only cry when they want to eat, or have a severely messy diaper - this is true right? Eric says that it's definitely not fair considering that Emily was a fussy baby, and I had such a crappy pregnancy this time - I, for some reason, deserve one of those contented babies. I am not complaining - I know that in time, Paige will be better - it's become my mantra. For those of you keeping score - she did sleep a little better last night.

On another more positive note, I am so excited because we are going to go to Erma's for dessert tonight. What is Erma's you say? Only the best frozen custard around. Eww, frozen custard......if that's what you are saying, you are obviously not from the midwest, where frozen custard lives. It's just like ice cream, only about 8,000,000 times better. I am getting a cherry dip - I know, I am 34 going on 5. But laugh if you must, it's so yummy. We were going to go last night, but we had severe thunderstorms around, and Erma's is a stand with seating on picnic tables outside, so we didn't think it was a good idea to go.

Eric and I were talking about the things we miss the most from Florida - aside from the obvious, friends and family - and we both agreed, we miss the FOOD. Pizza is just not the same around here, there's no cheesecake factory, and there's no La Bamba, which means means no yummy carne asada. Geez, you think it's dinner time???

No comments: