Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sheer Exhaustion

Well, it's 10:10pm right now, and I am wondering what the night holds for us here. The last few nights have been a little CRAZY to say the least. Early Tuesday morning, I awoke to the cries of Paige at around 5am, prepared a bottle for her and began feeding her. My husband, who should have been sleeping in our bed, decided that it's been awhile since he's seen a lunar eclipse, so why not?? Well, all the Gottliebs gathered in Emily's room (she had the best view) to witness a little science lesson. So what, we missed a little sleep, but it was nice having our little family have a little moment at 5am. What's the BIG deal right?

Fast forward to last night - Paige ate at 7:30pm, and slept in her crib until 12:30am. Sounds great right? NOT. She proceeded not to go to sleep until 4:15am, and awoke again at 7:30am this morning. The no sleep thing has officially caught up to me - I should be in bed right now.

Saw a woman in Babies R Us today who was freaking out about the whole plastic bottle thing - they have found that some chemical leaches off of most plastic bottles, and have advised people to discontinue using them - and to use either glass bottles (yeah right) or the Platex drop in thingies. When are they going to stop doing studies just to cause people more stress and anxiety? I swear, more people probably get cancer from stress about the things that can possibly cause cancer. Yes, I know, breastfeeding doesn't pose any health risks...but I am NOT going there.

How can a face like this cry so loud and so long?

Oh, one more thing....Eric was trying for over an hour last night to get Paige calmed down, and he said his arm was aching this morning.....so he weighed Paige...10 pounds!!!! Is that possible? That would explain why the newborn diapers are a little tight. I guess I should cherish these sleepless nights - before I know it, they'll be behind me, and so will Paige's baby days. I still get a little freaked when I look at Emily, and see how grown up she is. You should see her size five jeans we bought for school this year!!

No comments: