Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Paige a Day

So, in an effort to reduce the number of emails I send every time I have a cute picture of my kids, I have created this blog so that I can ramble on about how great they are and have the pictures to prove it - haha.

I promise that I will try my best to have an entry at least every other day, but reality will probably set in, and this will probably become a place where I will have pictures of their YEAR birthdays.

Anyway, it's another rainy day here in Michigan - but our lawn is actually a beautiful shade of green, not the lovely shades of brown it was just a few weeks back. Emily is wishing for some sunshine later this afternoon so that we may actually go to the park for the first time in forever.

Paige had a GREAT night last night - fed at 11pm, 3:30am, and then again at 7:30am. She is a very sleepy girl today, so I am hoping that doesn't translate into a very awake baby tonight...i'll let you know.

We had one of those crazy outings yesterday - went to Chili's for dinner - I had a craving for their chicken tenders with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. Paige started fussing as soon as we got in the car to leave (I should have taken it as a sign), the hostess was very non-committal about where she wanted to seat us, "Umm, can you wait until they clear this table, no, I have you sit here, no, how about this booth...." Just seat us already lady, I have a screaming baby who needs to eat NOW!!! Then, we had a waiter trainee, who was so disgustingly sweaty, that we were afraid that it would drip into our food. Okay, so we place our order, and I am feeding Paige, (who by the way spit up all over my jeans just seconds before) and Miss Emily now says, "I have to go potty". Picture it, we are crammed into a booth, I have my hands full with Paige, and my Mom and Eric are sitting opposite us....so Emily crawls under the table - much to my Mom's disgust....she's washing her hands after she goes anyway....what's the big deal. Our food arrives, and they bring me, chicken fried steak.....WRONG. So they take it away, and make me wait, I am not exaggerating, 15 minutes for my correct meal. Of course when they finally bring it, it's scalding hot, Eric, my Mom, and Emily are finished, so I quickly eat one chicken tender and am eating the corn that I know won't reheat well, when Emily starts with, "My tummy hurts." and making coughing sounds like she's going to throw up....DO I NEED THIS??? So I rush her to the bathroom, where she proceeds to NOT throw up. And now, my appetite is gone. I put my mostly uneaten dinner in the TO GO box, and we leave. I am thankful for three things: they didn't charge me, Emily didn't puke on me, and Paige pretty much slept though the whole thing. Are we going back there anytime soon - that would be no. The thing about it was, I really wanted that dinner - had been craving it for some time....oh well, at least I get to eat it for lunch today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison, I like this idea...very cool.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think you deserve an award for venturing out with all in tow! I hope you enjoyed your lunch. They say things taste better the next day :). Thanks for the stories, they are a great outlet for me...breaktime reading at work!