Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Recovering

And so it begins.....I haven't posted in here in a few days, and I was feeling a little guilty, but now I am over it. I had last night all planned out. Eric was going to leave for the train club at around 6:45, Emily in the tub at 7, in bed at 8, and me down in the basement doing photo editing, blog entries, and maybe a little scrapbooking after....well that didn't happen. I got either major indigestion, or heartburn, or something else which I cannot figure out. All that matters is that I had a searing pain in my chest which felt like someone had stabbed me with a javelin. Eric, being the smart-ass that he is, wanted to know, "Why a javelin? Why not a bow and arrow." Can't he just see that I was in pain and offer a little sympathy? Well, he did stick around for an extra hour, while I writhed in pain, and then just as quick as it started, it was gone. Got Emily into bed, and thought I am free and clear for the rest of the night......not so fast. Paige started one of her amazing tantrums, and my pain came back (maybe it's related), so that was fun. She calmed down, and so did my pain, and the Tigers beat the Yankees 16-0. What a night!!




In other news, we had a terrific visit with the McCarver girls. Emily and Katie had a great time at the splash zone at MetroBeach. We also went and played at one of our local parks - Four Corners. Fortunately for us, we were not close to the really bad tornadoes that came though Friday evening. It did foil our BBQ plans, as Eric had to finish grilling the burgers inside.

Paige was in her swing yesterday, and I have noticed that her "newborn" look is completely gone. It's sad really - but good that she is healthy and growing more and more every day. I am going to Archivers (scrapbook store) later today to get the footprint kit, so that we can cast her footprint just like we did for Emily. We did it for Emily at five weeks, and since Paige is five weeks today, it's her turn.

Six more days of summer vacation.............

No comments: