Thursday, August 23, 2007

Got work to do...

I am taking a break from frantically running around my house cleaning up. Why is it that no one but me puts things away?


Anyway, we did not get to go to the park yesterday, but we (Eric, Emily, Paige and myself) did go for a walk last night. Everyone kept saying how hot and muggy it was yesterday, but the evening was just right with a cool breeze. The only bad part was that all the bugs were out for their evening stroll as well, so that was lovely. I found one in Paige's diaper after we returned home last night - just a little gnat, nothing serious, and she wasn't "bugged" by it.



During the walk I happen to notice something about the area in which we live - just about everyone takes a lot of pride in their maintenance of their properties. Lawns here are meticulously maintained. Shrubs and flower beds are as well. Everyone here either has hanging flower baskets, or beds full of a variety of plants and flowers. We are no exception - we have two hanging baskets of miniature petunias, and two planters under our kitchen window with regular petunias. My Mom and Aunt also planted two BIG flower pots full of a variety of flowers - a surprise for me when we took a road trip a few months back (you can sort of see one behind Emily in the above picture). Living in Florida, when you basically only have 2 seasons (hot and REALLY hot), you don't get to see nearly as much color as your do here with spring, summer and fall. It sort of makes up for a bleak winter. Sort of.


Tracy and Katie are on their way here as I write this, and I will get to see them for the first time in a year in a couple of hours.....very excited about that.



Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments: