Monday, July 12, 2010

{genetics}

Photobucket

So, if you know me, you know that I am not a sporty girl. When I was about Emily's age, I was asked to leave the softball team after getting hit repeatedly in the head with the ball. (yes, I know, it explains a lot!) And I was totally FINE with that - the leaving, NOT the head hitting. I only played one year of soccer - getting yelled at by my teammates for running the wrong way down the field with the ball was not exactly fun. At least I was way too uncoordinted to actually kick the ball in our own goal......

However, I was in marching bad. And before you tell me that this involves no coordination, YOU try playing an instrument in time with a bunch of other people playing their instruments WHILE moving around a football field in formation. Heel-toe baby!! My calves never looked better.

But that didn't involve a ball. Thank goodness!

Fast forward a few years, and I would like to present you with Allison 3.0 - a.k.a Paige Elizabeth. Allison 2.0 - a.k.a. Emily is partially afflicted with this same disease.

It's not for lack of trying....but my sweet little princess cannot catch or throw.

Photobucket

But she looks quite determined.

Photobucket

And maybe a bit scared of the ball.

Photobucket

Perhaps it the tongue.

Photobucket

We played catch with both girls after dinner last night. If you would like to call it that.

Eric and I practiced catching pop-ups in preparation for this summer's annual Bat Ball game on August 7th. I am determined to shed my uncoordinated self and catch at least ONE pop up.

Let me just say, Eric has his work cut out for him!

No comments: