Thursday, October 1, 2009

october frost

As I was getting these pictures ready for a blog post this morning, I had to laugh at the shear contrast of what is on my memory card from the past month. I was scrolling down the contents looking for the pictures I took this morning - of the frost and the girls wearing their winter gear - and I saw beach pictures, water balloon fights - both featuring my sweet children in their swim suits. Crazy to think that just a few weeks ago we were reaching for flip flops, and now we are reaching for mittens. That is so Michigan.

So again, not the best picture, but I swear there is a pretty good layer of the freezing cold stuff on the grass this morning.

The girls in their GEAR. Emily does have a new jacket this year - this is last year's jacket - but it's for MUCH colder weather. Although, she did want to wear it this morning. I thought a really heavy jacket with a faux fur lined hood would be a bit much.


We like to run home from the bus stop. You can see the frosty grass there right?

Picking leaves has now become part of our morning routine. We have tons - so if you are reading this Mary-Frances or Sheila, expect a large package of leaves coming your way very soon. I am nearly running out of books to keep them flat!

Side note on this particular leaf - when I was drying it off to place it in the book this morning - a BIG, green SPIDER that was the exact same shade as the leaf crawled off right on to my hand - AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! Paige really knows how to pick the good ones. :)
Happy October - one of my favorite months of the year!

No comments: