Sunday, April 19, 2009

this is getting to be a habit....

I guess life is pretty exciting and busy around here. It's not like me to not post but only a couple times a week. 

Other than a couple cloudy, rainy, dreary days at the beginning of the week, we had a beautiful, sunny and WARM Spring Break. The temperatures even ventured into the seventies on Friday and Saturday. YEA!!!  AND, the buds on all the trees are just about ready to burst. Stay tuned this week.....

The above picture is Miss Paige - DUH - and her favorite Easter present from my Mom - talking eggs. You turn them on, hide them, and they talk to you while you try and find them. Once you find them, you open them up and there's a little chick inside. It even says, "You Found Me!". Paige loved searching for them on Easter - and this continued all week. I think she really just loved the "Liddow Cheeken" inside.

On Wednesday, we - Eric and I, the kids, and my Mom and sister, went to the DIA (Detroit Institute of Arts) to get ourselves some culture. Most of the adults thought it was wonderful - Emily, not so much. Paige, not really loving it either. Oh well, next time Eric and I will go by ourselves.

Paige is doing very well with the tricycle - she almost has it. Her determination astounds me.


On Thursday we went to the Detroit Zoo.  If you remember from last time we went with the Vorobels, Eric LOVED the onion rings. He was all to happy to have them again - even if he had to stand in line for 35 minutes to get them. The zoo was crazy crowded - I knew it would be busy, but I had NO IDEA it would be that crowded. I guess if you add Spring Break, a beautiful, sunny, and warm day all together, you get lots and lots of people out and enjoying it. That's okay, we still had fun.

This was from yesterday - Emily modeling her Spring/Summer wardrobe. We are all so tired of wearing jeans and long sleeve shirts - bring on the Capri pants, cute dresses, bright colors and FLIP FLOPS!!! Is she not the cutest?

Paige today - wearing Emily's play shoes. She LOVES them. I am all too happy to oblige her. Emily has never really been into the girly girl stuff, so this is a total change for me. I know, this is most likely breeding trouble - but for now, it's SO DANG CUTE.
There's that determination again.....
Have a GOOD week. Hopefully I will be around more.....

No comments: