Tuesday, April 7, 2009

what's goin' on

It's Spring.  And I know this because on March 20th it said so on the calendar. I would not know it by just looking out my window. There's quite a bit of snow on the ground here, and as of this moment, it's still falling from the sky. Maybe it's "Spring Dust". Yes, I will just keep telling myself that.

Of course, anyone who lives here knows that it's just par for the course. It's just how it is up here in Michigan. And a couple of months from now, when we are sitting at the beach, watching our kids play, it will be a distant memory.
April 1st, our favorite local frozen custard place opens up for the season - Erma's.  It was not exactly a nice day on the first, so we went on the second, when it was at least a little bit warmer, and sunny.  It was still cold. And even more so when you are eating something that is frozen.


Paige just cracks me up. She likes to put her plate up to her face and say, "I see you." It's pretty funny.

She also like the phrase, "I want....". And because she is communicating, I usually comply. But because she is so dang smart, she has figured out that she can try and get just about anything, as long as she asks. Well, I am still a bit smarter than her, and I have figured her out...for now.

I am going to have to stay on top of her, or else we are going to be in a lot of trouble.

Yesterday was the official start of baseball season - and we celebrated with Tiger dogs for dinner. Of course, since it was Monday, Eric had train club, so I was stuck watching the Tiger game, as well as the NCAA championship game, all by myself. And it was not good for either team - the Tigers got their butt kicked by Toronto, and the Michigan State Spartans lost to NC Tar Heels. I did hear that the Red Wings won, so at least it wasn't a total loss for Michigan sports.

Eric and I will be going to our first Tiger game this season on Saturday. Hopefully, it will be a bit warmer by then.


This morning the girls and I had a ball doing practice Egg Hunts. It was Paige's first real experience with hiding and finding eggs - and she LOVED it. I don't know what she enjoyed more, hiding or finding them. She was so freaking cute. She would hide them - with some help from me - for Emily, and then she would help Emily find them. She really did get the concept, which is awesome. When it was Emily's turn to find the eggs, she knew that Emily would have to get them and put them in the basket - Paige would just help her by pointing out where the eggs were hidden.

And when it was Paige's turn to find them, she was just giddy with excitement whenever she would find a hidden egg.

So cute - can't wait until Sunday. We may have to do a couple more practices, just for fun.
That's all for now - have to go and put the little one down for a nap!

No comments: