Wednesday, September 5, 2012

{Paige's First Day!}

This morning, my Paige woke up a lot less rash-y. She was supposed to go to her Grandma's house and hang out there while I went to school to get some work done. But she saw herself in the mirror, declared herself "all better", and started to put on her "First Day" outfit. Okay, then. I guess she wanted to go to school. So, I let her. She was still a little spotty on her arms and legs, but at least 50% less red. She didn't really complain of any itching...so I decided that since I was going to be up there anyway most of the morning, I would let her go. Sniff, sniff.....

 That foot thing she has going on....a little bit nervous, I think.
 How is it that this TINY BABY is going to Kindergarten?? HOW?
 Yep. She's EXCITED!
 My BABIES.
Paige didn't cry getting on the bus. I think she was overwhelmed. Or, at least her mother was.....And I didn't cry either. All the emotions of yesterday pretty much sucked it all out of me. I was just so happy to be doing the "normal" thing.
I did go to school after she got on the bus  - I needed to help out - and I was so glad I did. The 5th graders that are supposed to help the Kindergarteners off the bus, didn't help Paige. So, I personally handed her off to her teacher. Phew! And when I checked on her during lunch, she was still a bit itchy, so I got her another dose of Benadryl, and she was good for the rest of the school day.
It's very strange seeing my little Paige at Ojibwa. We have been waiting for this day for so long, and it's finally here.....amazing, truly amazing how fast time goes. She had a GREAT day. And is very excited to go back tomorrow.

No comments: