Monday, February 27, 2012

{she SLAYS me}

Photobucket

This morning, the little Miss busied herself with paper and scissors. She made quite the mess on the carpet of the family room. When I asked her to clean it up, she said, "Mooooommm. I can't. I am an artist and I am making art."

I swear.

On the way home from school, she starts talking about a 4 and a 5 and how she is four and she will be five on her next birthday. I had no idea what she was talking about, or what spurred this particular train of thought. "So that sign is just for me Mom", she says.

What?

And then we passed a speed limit sign - 45mph. I asked her if that's the sign she saw. Yes. She thinks it's just for HER. And well, all the other kids in her class at school.

"Mom. I want to be Smurfette for Halloween this year. You know what she looks like - she has a white dress and white high heel shoes. Oh and BLONDE hair. Not curly like mine. More like Emily's hair. But blonde."

She notices every detail.

She slays me. She makes me smile all day long. She gives me hugs and kisses whenever I want. I truly don't know what I would do without her. Truly.

Of course she's a total pain sometimes too...aren't we all?

No comments: