Thursday, May 26, 2011

{Oprah and my sweet Little Bit}

I watched Oprah's final show yesterday. It was a very sad moment for me. I have grown up with her for most of my life. I have run home from school to watch her show the way that my Mom ran home from school to watch American Bandstand. I have watched a lot of her shows with my Mom - some then, some now. I have taped tons of shows so I didn't miss an episode while I was at work. Some people are not into her. That's fine with me. My Grandma didn't like her one bit. When she stayed with us in Florida, she would go in her room and read during Oprah - she just did not like her at all. Seeing as how they are both from practically the same town, I find that funny. So now what? I am sad - but also very enlightened. I loved sharing in her "aha moments" with her. I even had one yesterday. She said this: "I've talked to nearly 30,000 people on this show, and all 30,000 had one thing in common: They all wanted validation... They want to know: 'Do you see me? Do you hear me? Does what I say mean anything to you?'" Something that seems so simple, but I had never thought of it.
Thank you so much Oprah.
I think my Little Bit can safely say that I see her, hear her, and what she says means so much to me.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Who have you validated today?

No comments: