Monday, June 21, 2010

{barbaric customs}

Photobucket

So, as most of you know by now, my Emily has pierced ears.

We did it on the last day of school. When she got off the bus, I gave her the choice of going to a movie, or getting her ears pierced. Without skipping a beat, she picked ear piercing.

I made sure I prepared her for what was to come. She was not swayed, so I knew she must really have wanted it.

Here she is pre-piercing:

Photobucket

And, now all grown up, with "bling"ed ears....

Photobucket

It shocked me at how many choices they had. When I got my ears pierced, we had about 3 choices...now, it's more like 30. Emily picked flowers with a different colored gem for each petal...so very Emily. She only teared up a bit after it was all over...but a sucker cured that. She was a brave girl. I was so proud.

She is very much looking forward to changing out her earrings in six weeks. And, of course, now Paige wants her ears pierced....I think she'll have to wait a bit!

No comments: